Onwards and upwards is probably the best way to describe this year for Craig Mostyn Group.
While the Western Australian economy stagnated, the Craig Mostyn businesses of Linley Valley Pork, Talloman, Protein Trading, Jade Tiger Abalone and Southern Rock Lobster teams grew bigger and stronger, proving that trends apply only to those who follow them.
We had a great year of construction where we completed the following assets:
- Stage 3 expansion of Mogumber livestock farm
- Wooroloo factory upgrade , where we now have over 15 chillers and 3 large freezers
- The abalone export facility at Jade Tiger Indented Head with brine freezing capability was opened in October, so we can now export live abalone to China and frozen abalone to Japan
- The rendering team also have nearly finished their ovine line, which will allow production of a very high quality lamb meat and bone meal for the highly lucrative pet food industry
- We also purchased the Ocean Wave abalone farm in Avalon, Victoria and another abalone farm in Dunalley, Tasmania
So lots of great new facilities to produce our products.
But don’t forget our great marketing efforts during the year, make sure over the break you follow Linley Valley Pork on Facebook, over 10,000 likes now, the top five food company in WA based on likes!
Also, have a look at our new seafood website, www.cmgseafood.com.au, for some great imagery of our Tasmanian operations and seafood products.
The Culture of our talented people never surprises me, you are among our most important assets, our extensive knowledge base and are the unwavering commitment of our can-do people.
It’s a privilege to lead such a group of professional and dedicated staff, who continue to strive for excellence. With your support, and the commitment by everyone at Craig Mostyn Group, we will continue to enhance our status as Australia’s premier agribusiness.
So in the run up to Christmas I know we are all very busy. The Linley Valley Pork team processed our best ever numbers of pigs last week, and they’ve got to do it all again for Chinese New Year.
In fact, the Linley Valley Pork team are aiming for over 800 tonne of chilled pork next month to be flown into Singapore arriving 28 January 2017.
The abalone and lobster team have completed Christmas rush and they are aiming for over 80 tonne of product into Asia for Chinese New Year.
I again, would like to thank you personally for your support and wish you and your family a very safe and Merry Christmas. All the best for 2017!
Mark Wray | CEO | Craig Mostyn Group
M +61 417 271 322
L1, 6 Short Street, Fremantle, WA 6160 Australia